Featured RSS Underground Content Article
Twelve Ways To Increase The Value Of Your Web Site Content For Your Readers.
You need to have a way with words in order to increase the traffic to your web site. However, sometimes, the most intelligent people in the world can have difficulty effectively communicating their ideas in writing to others.
When (otherwise) intelligent business people develop a web site complete with great benefits it can fail simply because of their use of words. Learning to communicate to get your point across clearly and succinctly without rambling is an important skill to learn when marketing on the Internet.
This can take some time to learn. However, it's not impossible. It just takes practice.
Of course, if you don't have the time to learn these crucial communication skills then you can always hire a professional to help you. Sometimes the best solutions are sitting right in front of you.
When writing to produce more web site traffic you need to make your web site easy for others to read. It is ALWAYS better to write in laymen terms than to use long scientific terms or technical mumbo jumbo. You want people to be able to read the pages on your web site without getting a headache or needing to refer to a dictionary. Visitors should not have to learn how to "translate" your web site in order to understand what you're trying to say. Visitors will always exit quickly from any hard to read/ understand web site.
They will do this for two primary reasons (which have NOTHING to do with your ability to write)...
A. Whenever we Human Beings encounter new information our brain asks itself, "What is it"? If the brain cannot place this new information within a meaningful context the person becomes confused and LEAVES.
B. Nobody likes to appear stupid (even to themselves). When information is inaccessible (and people get to feel stupid because they don't understand) they LEAVE.
In short, DON'T talk down to people and DON'T treat people other than as intelligent Human Beings. The fact that you know a lot about something should never exclude other people. The definition of good communication is the ability to share your knowledge and ideas with others, so they "get" it.
Of course if your market is technical then using technical terms is appropriate. In this context this would be "good" communication. Good communication is always about an appropriate context.
Consider the following when writing for the Internet...
1. Relevance: Be sure all your content is relevant to your web site. Only provide information that readers are looking for and which is relevant to your web site theme and its products.
2. Point Of View: When you begin writing your first paragraph try starting the paragraph with your conclusion about the topic. State your point of view right up front, This will grab your readers' attention and keep them reading the article, because you told them "what you're going to tell them"... and then you "told" them.
3. Short Sentences: Keep your paragraphs and sentences short and to the point. Readers find it difficult to read long, wordy web pages. Again, this is a brain "thing" (especially on a computer screen).
4. Active Voice: Do not write in a passive voice. Readers respond better to action words and a strong voice which tells them what you want them to do.
5. Word "Flow": Pay attention to how your words flow. Always read your article out aloud to yourself before you publish it. Listen to its flow. Reading your articles out aloud will help you with your own "flow". Doing this will also help you to identify and refine your own writer's "voice" (Yes, we all have one). It will also help you to identify "typos" which just scream "amateur" to your reader.
6. Proofread: Always proofread all writing/ articles before posting these to your web site, forum, articles directory or weblog etc. Apart from article readability this is about being a professional. If you can click a mouse button you can run a spell check. It takes 3 minutes.
7. White Space: Make liberal use of white space within your articles. What this means is to "open up" your article, so it's easier on your readers' eyes. This again is a brain "thing". When the Human brain can't access information easily, the person leaves.
8. Computer Friendly Fonts: Use computer screen friendly fonts like Arial, Verdana and Tahoma. Times New Roman is not an eye friendly font on a computer screen/ monitor.
9. Foreign Languages: Understand that your web site is accessible to viewers from all over the world. However, visitors from other countries (who speak languages other than English) may not easily understand your language or your web site content. If your market is global then think globally. Translate some of your content into the languages of the people you wish to reach.
Yes, the language of the Internet is English, however this is also about respect for others, their language and their culture. You will be surprised how doing this on a few of your core web site pages generates sales.
10. Regional Focus: If your web site is not for worldwide viewing then list the regions which your web site best serves. Add these region/s to the page description and keywords. This way, if someone in Australia is looking for a veterinarian he or she won't end up frustrated after looking through all the veterinarian web sites that only cater to pet owners in Paris, France.
Regionally focused topics have value to worldwide viewers. Perhaps a person in Italy intends to visit your city and needs to speak with a veterinarian about traveling with their pet. You may wish to provide general information on your web site that will appeal to visitors outside your specified region.
11. Slang: Most of the web sites on the Internet are in English, However, NEVER use English slang on your web site. Slang is not an internationally understood language, and it is difficult to translate from one language to another. Of course if your web site is about English slang then that's a different matter.
12. Conversions: Take into consideration currency and number conversions. If you are listing a price for services on your web site be sure to list the currency you accept (USD, pounds, yen, etc.) The same applies if you are listing measurements or sizes. Always list the conversions or provide a link to a web site which specializes in these conversions. When in doubt hire a professional translator.
Your goal here is to increase the traffic to your web site. By using the World Wide Web you can potentially reach an audience of millions of people. It's one thing to have the technical capability to reach these people. It's a completely different thing to be able to communicate effectively with them.
Be concise and to the point. Learn to "walk in another person's shoes" for awhile, follow good practice (as stated above) and you'll be completely surprised at the results you get from the web, promise.
RSS Underground Featured Article Author Box
Kenneth Doyle Is A Writer And Internet Marketing Consultant, Find Out How His Article Writing And Submission Service Gets Prospects To Read YOUR Web Site Offers, Here... *Article Writing Submission Service*
Duplicate Content is History
This Brand New and Innovative Software can rewrite any article and make it Unique!
If you rely on article publications on your web site, for generating income then you better pay attention, because this could be the most important message you receive this year regarding Your Business. The ability of the search engines to weed out duplicate content is continuing apace, as the technology evolves, and learns to recognize it, and if you don't take care you will be 'hit' sooner or later, meaning that your web site could literally disappear from the radar screen, and plummet in the search engine rankings. Your income stream and your livelihood could literally be turned off at a single stroke!
This Breakthrough Software Technology will Rewrite the Book! Content Rewriter Pro is the perfect solution to your problems, and has just been released to sensational reviews. This program solves the issue of 'duplicate content' through Smart Dynamic Software Technology. It is not an understatement to say 'This is the Software Solution we have all been Dreaming of', and its arrival is not a moment too soon, What a Godsend!
Content Rewriter Pro will take any article, restructure and rewrite it to achieve an incredibly high degree of uniqueness. More impressively these results can be achieved even when rewriting exactly the same article as your fellow marketers, which can often be the case when you take your articles from membership web sites. Each of the rewritten articles will be different from your fellow members, because you define the variables which determine the output using our Unique Intelligent Software Solution.
The ramifications for the industry are enormous, whether you rewrite PLR content for ebooks or for Adsense income. This one piece of software can leverage your efforts 100 fold, in a fraction of the time it takes to do it manually, and the process is as easy as 1 2 3, it couldn't be easier. Effectively this means you can take any article and multiply your efforts by creating several unique articles virtually at the push of a button, or you can simply take private label articles and instantly make them your own with fresh and unique content!!!
The Possibilities are Endless!
RSS Underground Featured Article Author Box
David is the owner of Content Rewriter Pro, the software which makes Unique Content Quickly and Easily! Demo is available upon request at help(at)www.ContentRewriterPro.com
Hey, please visit the Internet Marketing web sites:
Recently Added Internet Related Articles:
Blogging Productivity - In the 'good old days' - about three years ago - you used to keep in-touch with your customers using phone calls, email messages and face to face meetings. Nowadays the world has changed. People expect even more frequent updates, yet it's nearly impossible to meet with every business contact on a regular basis.
Web Content - You may not realize this, but webmasters have more control over users than you may think. To be more specific, you can direct where a user looks on their screen with 100% accuracy. For web sites that depend upon advertising revenue, we can do this by controlling four main aspects of the web site design.
Content Management Tool - The five essentials of communication come as an answer to the questions left in the wake of ad hoc collaboration. Businesses do it, whether large or small. Sure, the ideal would be perfect control of documents as they get passed around and changed.
Private Label - Furthermore, this also allows for information to be traded and for web sites to grow. With an AdSense site, your page can easily be placed in search engines when people look for a related item. Your web site can be indexed in an advantageous way possible.
Management Web Content - Information is very vital in today technology based world. Organizations are faced with the massive task of having to structure and effectively present information to their customers and business interests. Putting forth their product and services related information across the internet is seen as the best way to reach out to a global audience.
Content Management Server - Resource directories used to be a great form of content. Yahoo actually got it's start as a resource directory. They are now the #2 most visited site on the entire Internet. The search engine ranking data (http://www.RankingFactors.com) shows that outbound links are still a positive ranking correlation factor (even though so-called SEO "experts" moan about PR leak and other such nonsense).
Syndicated Content - Everyone is concerned about, or should be, their site growing and changing over time. Search engines need to see updates to keep you ranked well. It is an ongoing battle to add new pages of good content you can rely on to keep your visitors clicking, joining, and buying.
Mobile Content Providers - Everyone wants to make money on the web and so as you. This you can make only if you have a web presence and bring customers to your web site and turn leads into sales. Your search engine ranking is the key to the amount of visitors, and the success of your web site, finally.
RSS Feeds XML Dynamic Content Sitemaps News Feeds Blogging Content For Webmaster
RSS Underground - RSS Resources - Dynamic Directory - Article Menu - Blog
© 2013 RSS Underground